Handy List of Story Stakes
- #stakes #writinglists
- General Protection - Here, a collective group residing in a particular location is at risk
- Demise - Here, the hero will personally die.
- Livelihood - Here the hero will lose gainful employment
- Freedom - Here the Hero or someone close to them will lose freedom often via confinement.
- Reputation - The Hero’s good name, legacy or honour is at risk.
- Justice - Here, the hero will leave the scales of Justice imbalanced and let the antagonist go free.
- Sanity - Here the hero or someone they love stands to lose their minds
- Access - The Hero stands to lose access to someone or someplace meaningful.
- Regret - Hero may lose their secondary dream/ chance at redeeming their past if they fail in their primary mission.
- Suffering - Hero’s great ordeal will have been for nothing.. Linked to primary mission.
- Sacrifice - Hero’s great giving up of something will have been for nothing. Linked to primary mission.
- Happiness - Here the hero has pinned his happiness to a certain prize/ situation.